Since 1997, Scott Weidenfeller has focused on helping the most seriously and permanently injured clients. Scott is an effective, knowledgeable and persistent advocate for his clients who find themselves in this unfortunate position.
Scott has tried cases in three different States and has personally recovered millions in compensation for his clients. His recent settlements include $4.8 and $1.5 million dollars. Some of his most recent jury verdicts include a $1.215 million dollar jury verdict in Macomb County; a $988,000 dollar jury verdict in Oakland County, a $1.17 million dollar jury verdict in Emmet County and a $234,000 dollar jury verdict in Alpena County. He has been featured on the cover of Michigan Lawyer’s Weekly and has spoken to many and varied professional groups about trial practice and communication.
Scott also serves as a case evaluator and an arbitrator in negligence claims. He is an Executive Board Member of the Michigan Association for Justice and has received Certificates of Appreciation for Federal Pro Bono work.
– Thomas M. Cooley Law School, JD
– Moot Court Board Member
– Michigan State University, BA
– State of Michigan Courts
– U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
– U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
– U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Michigan
– Communication of Technical Concepts: Lecture; University of Michigan, Doctoral Students in the Engineering Department, July 2010
– Effective Discovery in Negligence Cases for New Lawyers, Michigan Association for Justice, Seminar, January 29, 2008
– Discovery in Negligence Cases, Michigan Association for Justice, Seminar, May 9, 2008
– Cross Examination of the Medical Expert – A Lawyer’s Worksheet, May 9, 2008
Published Works, Articles and Op Ed’s:
– Publication: Effective Cross Examination of the Medical Expert – A Lawyer’s Worksheet (2008)
Organizations/Associations and Memberships:
– State Bar of Michigan – Negligence Section
– Michigan Association for Justice, Sustaining Member
– Michigan Association for Justice, Executive Board
– American Association for Justice – Litigation Section
– Super Lawyer 2011, 2012
– Super Lawyer Rising Star 2010
– Largest reported malpractice settlement in 2006 (Michigan Lawyer’s Weekly)