A Medical Malpractice case, is a case in which a person is injured during a medical procedure. Examples of such procedures include:
- Wrongful Death – a person died because of a procedure that ought not to have been fatal.
- Medication error – someone is administered or prescribed the incorrect dosage or type of medication.
- Misdiagnosis – when a person has a terminal illness, such as cancer, that is misdiagnosed.
- Surgical error – when something is done incorrectly during a surgery.
- Birth Injuries – a baby is born with an injury or condition that was caused by medical negligence.
- Anesthesia error – improper dosing or administering of anesthesia, causing injury, illness or death.
- Misread diagnostic tools – when a tool, such as an x-ray or scan is read incorrectly, leading to improper medical treatment.
- Hospital errors – it is possible in a hospital setting, such as an emergency room, for a fatal mistake to be made.
Keep in mind, it is possible for there to be a medical tragedy or mishap that is not possible to litigate. Medical Malpractice laws are some of the most complex and vary from state to state. Contact an attorney well versed in this area if you have concerns about a possible case for yourself or someone you know. The lawyers at Turner and Turner are always available for a free consultation.